You could be writing and creating great content for your blog, but it won’t really matter if people don’t know about it.
What makes a great marketer? What a great marketer does to great effect is that he is able to successfully reach out to a wide group of people. He is able to get the word out across to his audience or his target market.
Tuning your blog in a way that makes it more Google-friendly will enable you to achieve precisely this! Your aim is to have search engine bots index your content as quickly as possible, and let people find you and/or your business easily. And it can all be achieved with just a bit of effort on your part.
The question is, why not Google?! Google right now is the largest, most popular search engine out there, and is hands down, the king of the search engine industry. The statistics pretty much speak for themselves: Google gets 3 million search queries per day and individuals and organizations with good visibility on Google are not only reaching out to a large group of audience, but are also making some really serious money.
Conquer Google, and you’ll be able to increase your online visibility by many times!
How to Do It?
- Content is King: Update your blog as frequently as possible. Do it daily if you can, or at least once or twice every week, depending on your schedule and commitments. And remember, quality over quantity! Make sure the content you put on your blog is unique, is not copied, not spun and is informative.
- Go with WordPress: it has great themes, an extremely powerful dashboard, plugin support (with a fantastic plugin development community) and is already optimized for Google and other search engines.
- Keyword research: Look for popular keywords, used most frequently by people in Google. Try including these in your posts.
- Keyword Density: simply put, keyword density is the percentage of times a word or a phrase appears in a writeup compared to the total number of words in that writeup. Ideally, your keyword density should be somewhere between 2% to 5%.
- Heading: Google looks at your article or post’s headings, and the heading tells Google what your article or post is about. It is important to be short but precise and accurate with your heading, which will have the same effect on your URLs. Long headings or URLs can take longer to index.
- Tags: Make sure that your posts are properly tagged, so that your blog or website is reachable through these tags/text-links.
- The images and videos: Add videos and images to your posts, but like your posts, these too should be properly tagged. Instead of giving generic names to the images, give them a keyword as well. You could use one of the many available WP plugins for this purpose.
- Internal Linkages: One of the great advantages of WordPress is the ease with which you can link your posts within your blog. Make sure there are no broken links, and the blog and all the posts within it are properly linked.
- External linkages: network with established and seasoned bloggers in your niche. Ask them to do a guest-post on your blog, or simply link to their blogs. Write meaningful and constructive comments on their posts (don’t spam!). Backlinking is an important tool, and Google would index your posts much quickly if they get backlinks from authority websites.
- Turn on trackback and pingback for all your posts. This will help the search engine bots to crawl and find your posts easily.
- Finally, use popular WP tools/plugins like ‘All-in-one SEO pack’ and ‘Wordpress by Yoast’. These help make you in making your blog SEO-friendly, and assist you with the process of setting up stuff like headings and keywords in a correct manner.
Not an exhaustive list my any means, feel free to add to this in the comments section below. Additionally, this is a great read on the same topic as well.
Feedback would be highly appreciated!
No related posts.