Affiliate marketing is a great way to make a buck or two (or much more!) online. It is easy to sign up for, easy to manage, the payout rates are pretty good, and you could start making some serious dough within a couple of months of setting up an affiliate marketing website. Bottom-line: affiliate marketing is lucrative, and can be a great secondary (or primary) source of income for you.
Here are several reasons why I prefer Amazon’s affiliate program, and why you should certainly stick with Amazon Affiliates when looking at starting your own affiliate marketing business:
1. Amazon is a trusted name: Millions of people trust Amazon to shop online. In fact according to Nielsen Research, Amazon is the most trusted brand in the world (more so than eBay) and everyone in the world trusts Amazon with their online buying. Their affiliate program is no different, and is just as good, reliable and dependable as well, making it easy for affiliates to earn money. For instance a visitor browsing through your blog is much likelier to go through with a purchase when he/she looks at Amazon links.
2. Large inventory: Amazon has a LARGE (and I do mean that in every sense of the word!) inventory. You’ll find just about anything and everything under the sun at Amazon, and a quick look at their website will prove just that: they stock electronics such as laptops, tablets, computers and smartphones; home accessories such as televisions and household electronics; entertainment stuff such as movies and music; gardening and outdoor stuff, sports items, and what not. Look for anything using the Amazon search bar and chances are that you’ll find it on Amazon. What this means for the affiliate is that you can choose from a really large selection of affiliate products to promote on your blog! No other affiliate program puts this big an inventory at the disposal of an affiliate!
3. Potential to earn a lot: Since Amazon carries a lot of different items, and is the most trusted brand in the world, this gives you, the affiliate, the chance to make quite a lot of money very easily. All you have to do is promote Amazon products on your blog, attract targeted traffic, and you could be rolling in dough. You can choose to promote a specific category or type of product on your blog (for instance if you have a blog on photography, you could promote cameras and accessories as an affiliate), or choose from a multiple number of products and product categories. And since commissions are percentage based, even a single sale could earn you hundreds!
4. Easy to sign-up for: It takes less than a couple of minutes to sign-up for an Amazon Affiliates account, and you could be on your way to becoming a super affiliate! In addition, combine your Amazon Affiliates account with a WordPress blog, which will give you access to a large assortment of plugins, widgets and tools to build and set-up a proper affiliate website and easily integrate your affiliate account with it. Third-party tools also allow you to run your affiliate business pretty much on auto-pilot, which means you won’t need to micromanage your affiliate business.
5. Good payouts and commissions: You can read details about Amazon’s compensation for its affiliate partners on this link, which explains their fees and commissions structure in detail. In a nutshell, the commissions are pretty good, and depend on the volume of things you sell – the more you sell, the higher the commission. For instance you start off with a 4% commission on every product that you sell, and the percentage increases with an increase with the number of products you ship – which could go up to 8.5%!
6. A choice of payment methods to choose from: Amazon makes it very easy for affiliates to receive their payments, allowing them to choose from many different payment methods. Payments are made on a monthly basis, either through (a) a check, (b) in the form of an Amazon.com Gift Certificate or (c) a direct-deposit in your bank account. Affiliates can choose any one of these methods, whichever is the most convenient to them. Details can be seen here.
7. Amazon provides outstanding support to affiliates: Anyone who’s ever used Amazon would have positive things to say about the shopping experience. Pretty much the same holds true for the support offered to their affiliates. The truth is that Amazon wants to sell stuff, and a percentage of this happens through the efforts of their affiliates – which is why they provide stellar support to their affiliates. Affiliates can even request a call and have someone from Amazon’s support call them up to solve any problems or answer any of their questions!